If your phone is still working:
1. Go to the settings menu on your phone
2. Scroll down to the bottom where you will see "About Phone" press that option
3. In the next screen you will see a "More Options" selection press that
4. On the next screen you will see "Status" and once you press that you will see your IMEI number
If your phone is not working:
- Check the back of your OPPO smartphone box and it will be listed right above the bar code.
- If your device has a removable battery you will find it on the sticker pasted on the back of the device body in the battery slot.
The ColorOS ( default operating system on OPPO devices) latest version support the following languages:
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
Note: This list may vary depending on ColorOS version and device.
OPPO assured us that their developers and Ofans community are working hard to translate the new user interface into all the main European and world languages.
If you would like to receive updated information about the ColorOS and other software for your OPPO device or offer you support to the community we recommend you to join the official OPPO forums: http://www.oppoforums.com/#coloros.38
To change the language setting on your device please follow this steps:
1. Go to the settings menu
2. Under the general tab go to Language and input
3. At the top click language, and select the language you would like to use
All OPPO devices sold by us are GMS approved by Google it means it is fully support Google Apps and Google Play services.
OPPO is also an official member of the Open Handset Alliance.
You could save your data by using one of the recommended app below:
- The default OPPO backup application: Go to "Settings" -> "Backup and Restore" -> "Create New Backup" -> "Start Backup". Once the operation is completed you may connect your device to your computer and copy the folder named "Backups" to your computer.
- The O-Cloud service to backup your SMS, contacts and pictures.
- A third party application such as "Titanium Backup", you can find the step by step tutorial online. If you wish to move your data to a new device, please make sure to save the backup files to your computer.
If you device is not able to boot in normal mode or you are experiencing issues with the touchscreen input you may follow this procedure to save pictures and other files:
- Access the recovery mode: Turn off the device and press together "Power button" + "Volume down" button.
- Once you entered recovery mode, you may use volume up/down button to navigate and power button to confirm.
- Select "Usb mass storage mode".
- Use your USB-MicroUSB cable to connect your device to your PC and browse the internal memory to backup your personal data.
Note: If you are using your Google account and you have enabled synchronization, your contacts are already synchronized on the Google cloud.